Sunday, April 09, 2006

My Brilliant Career



Experts tell us that most of us identify ourselves strongly with what we do for a living.

Ever find youself saying "I am a Dentist?... a Writer? ... An Accountant?"

Just how much of our lives are spent in persuit of an income?

How happy are you with what you do for a living?

Do you have a Brilliant Career?

Stephen M. Pollan wrote a book called "Second Acts" in which he talks about "Creating the life you really want, building the career you truly desire"

So what if F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote, "There are no second acts in American lives."

I had a great job - well so my mother told me - I had a career in the Canadian Public Service - great indexed Pension plan, superbe benefit package - awesome! Was I happy?

Now I'm my own boss! I reinvented myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home